You all know me, I'm pretty much a prick with sudden bursts of niceness. I am going to share my policies with you, and then you can flame me and call me a fag.
- I will only be releasing 720p, unless the show is DVD only. Then I'll release 480p. I will never release upscaled DVD anime;
- everything I release will be mkv, h264. Everything I started in 8bit will be finished in 8bit, but everything new will be 10bit;
- I am a fan of ordered chapters, but I will not be using them. They are a lot of trouble, and the only two benefits form them (less HDD space and less encoding time) mean nothing to me. Also, I kind of like everything in one file;
- splicing in clean OP/ED will not be the default. I will do it once, for one episode, but that's it. There are two execptions: when the OP/ED is part of the story, and the text distracts (like Mitsudomoe 13), or when there is a different OP/ED each episode (Enma-kun). The reason for the later is that since there are more versions, I'm going to include them anyway, so I might as well splice them in.
- Japanese audio only, no exceptions;
- change of plans: next show released will have AAC 320 kbps audio, and a separare FLAC file uploaded on MU that people who want can just download and mux themselves. Everyone should ba happy;
- for those curious, 16bit FLAC for a 25 minute episode is 120MB, while AAC/AC3 at 320kbps is about 60MB.
- softsubs, of course;
- I am not a fan of facy fonts, so if vobsubs are available, I will use them. I am perfectly fine with vobsubs;
- no karaoke, just the song translation, as in no romaji unless someone already put them in. Never kanji.
- I will alywas include chapters. It's stupid to not have chapters in .mkv;
- I will not provide DLL. Torrent only;
- I will always try to include an archive with the DVD/Bluray scans and extras.